UK permanent residence is an immigration status granted to a person without the Right of Abode
The EEA Family Permit is usually granted to family members of EEA nationals who are nationals of countries outside the European Economic Area (EEA)
An EEA residence card is issued to the family members of EEA nationals who exercise their treaty rights
Regulation 8 defines extended family members as
Indefinite Leave to Remain (Settlement) is the first goal of all immigrants
You may qualify for indefinite leave to remain in the UK on the basis of long residence
Once the applicant has settled status i.e. Indefinite leave to remain under the immigration rules or permanent residence under the EEA regulations
Prior to 09 July 2012, the applicants were able to make an application on the basis of the fact they had established private and family life in the UK
Applications for leave to remain on the basis of private life in the UK are made under paragraph 276ADE of the Immigration Rules.
An EEA Registration certificate is a document confirming that EEA nationals have the right to reside and work in the UK.
The need of making retention of right of residence only arises in the event of termination of marriage or death of the EEA national.
This visa category is sought after by nationals of foreign countries who intend to come to the United Kingdom for a short period.